Obtain your welding qualifications AS1796 (certification level) with this course - practical component. This course is primarily for people with existing engineering tradesperson qualifications. Course details
|Townsville Trade Training Centre||Part time / 1 night per week||Classroom|
Students must meet one of the following requirements in the applicable certification:
- One year of welding experience, subsequent to or during an apprenticeship to an acceptable trade, including 40 hours of training
- Two years of welding experience and documentary evidence of the successful completion of one or more welding programs, which includes at least 300 hours of training in the theory and practice of welding, and during or subsequent to this period, 40 hours training
- Three years of welding experience and during or subsequent to this period, 40 hours of training
In addition, students must complete Welding Theory (MEM05026C) before the practical certification will be issued.
Submission of evidence: A student can submit documentary evidence of having the pre-examination requirements, which are relevant to the Certificate for that required by TAFE Queensland North.
Townsville Trade Training Centre
763 Ingham Road
Townsville QLD 4818
Please be aware that you will also be required to supply the following items at your cost:
- Pen & notebook
- Industrial longs (long sleeve shirt & trousers or overalls)
- Safety boots
- Clear safety glasses and a pair of welding gloves
- Own welding helmet is desirable
Part time over 15 weeks, Thursdays from 6pm - 9pm
|MEM05045B||Perform pipe welds to code standards using manual metal arc welding process||Core|
|MEM05046B||Perform welds to code standards using manual metal arc welding process||Core|
|MEM05044B||Perform welds to code standards using gas tungsten arc welding process||Core|
|MEM05043B||Perform welds to code standards using gas metal arc welding process||Core|
|MEM05023C||Weld using submerged arc welding process||Core|
|MEM05042B||Perform welds to code standards using flux core arc welding process||Core|
|MEM05022C||Perform advanced welding using oxy acetylene welding process||Core|
Not all electives available at all campuses
What are my payment options?
No matter what your circumstances, TAFE Queensland North has a payment option to suit you. If you are unsure of what's right for you, call us on 1300 656 959. We're here to help.
Prices are subject to change.
There are no additional costs to study this course.
ASC Welding Certification - Practical
- Fabrication Engineering Trades Workers
You're ready if you have:
- checked your important dates (under the course details tab)
- checked you meet the entry requirements (under the course details tab)
- checked your course costs and know which payment option is right for you
(under the costs tab)
- Read the student rules and refund policy
- Created your Unique Student Identifier and can provide this code to TAFE Queensland
- If you are applying for a subsidised cost, please ensure you have all the relevant documents at time of enrolment
All done? Then you're ready to enrol
All done? Then head to the link below to complete your enrolment:
By telephone: 1300 656 959. In person: at any TAFE Queensland North location.
Last updated on 31 August 2016