12 weeks per 2 units
Although there are no formal entry requirements for this qualification, it is recommended that you satisfy at least one of the criteria below:
- successful completion of a Certificate IV in Crime and Justice Studies
- successful completion of a Certificate IV qualification
- completion of Year 12 or equivalent with a sound achievement in English
- relevant work or life experience (including volunteering) in the business or justice fields
Additionally, the following language, literacy and numeracy skills will support successful completion of the course:
- oral and written communication skills sufficient to clarify instructions and read and understand manuals and reports
- interpersonal skills sufficient to acknowledge and respond to a wide range of views and relate to persons from differing cultural, social and religious backgrounds
- problem solving skills required to fulfil job roles
- ability to perform basic numeric calculations
- ability to use computers, to access resources online send and receive emails and use a range of Microsoft Office programs
- a range of study skills, self-motivation, discipline and reasonable independence to direct your study and prioritise your workload to meet assessment deadlines
Please also be mindful that although you will be functioning fairly independently in your learning, you should feel confident in contacting your teacher or support staff when needed. Staff at TAFE are here to support you throughout your training.
Study from any location
It is essential that you have access to a reliable Internet connection to access TAFE Queensland's online learning systems, and a computer with up-to-date software, including Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat Reader and Adobe Flash Player. This equipment and software is available for students to use at a number of TAFE Queensland locations. Additionally, you will require a valid and appropriate email address for communication and, of course, your own personal stationary (pens and paper).
All other learning resources are located on TAFE Queensland's Online Learning System Connect, which you will have access to from the commencement of your studies, once enrolled. This will include PowerPoints, additional materials, assessments and study guides. You will submit assessments and receive feedback and results in Connect
As this course is Online based it's duration for each student can vary.