To be eligible to enrol into this program as an apprentice, students need to have completed a Training Contract with an employer and be signed up into an apprenticeship.
- If under 16 years of age you will need to fill out an Application for Dispensation form prior to enrolment.
- Admission may be on the basis of maturity and other relevant work experience.
Apprentices may be eligible for partial recognition of prior learning if they can demonstrate experience in the trade. Please discuss this with the TAFE representative who completes your apprenticeship induction site visit.
Non-apprentices may be eligible for Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) in full.
• Do you have industry experience that you would like recognised?
• Prior to enrolment we are able to assess your skills via Credit Transfer or Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL).
• If you have completed an accredited program through another training provider you may be eligible to receive a Credit Transfer.
• If you have relevant industry experience you may be eligible to receive Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL).
• For further information please contact our Client Service Team on 1300 656 959 to be referred to your RPL Coordinator.
There will be an additional cost for text books.
Delivery is held over 4 years (TAFE training completed after 3 years) on campus using a combination of workplace training and TAFE attendance.
TAFE Queensland North apprenticeships now offer the option of more on-the-job training and therefore less time spent attending the TAFE college. Wherever this is the case a TAFE Queensland North Trainer is assigned to attend your workplace to deliver training and assess your skills and knowledge.
TAFE Queensland North has structured college based training for various course competencies that are not practised regularly in the workplace so many employers may still choose to send their apprentice to TAFE to learn those skills, however, this is done by negotiation between the employer and the TAFE Queensland North Trainer.
The approved hours for an individual apprentice will vary according to the units of competency specified in their individual training plan. Nominal hours per unit of competency can be obtained through the Queensland Mapping Guide for the training package concerned. The Queensland Mapping Guide can be accessed through the Centre for Training Materials through the following webpage: http://www.training.qld.gov.au/partners/training_packages_and_courses/training_materials/mapguides/index.html
Instruction is delivered using a combination of workplace training and TAFE attendance and through the Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) process.