Entry to this qualification is usually through an indenture as a trainee. NB: In some cases, credit towards this qualification may apply from previously completed study. If you want to know more, please telephone Apprenticeships Info on 1800 210 210.
Minimum age: Entry into an apprenticeship or traineeship is generally limited to individuals who are 16 years of age or older. In special circumstances consideration may be given to individuals 13 years or older seeking to enter into an apprenticeship or traineeship. Queensland legislation applies age restrictions to particular apprenticeships and traineeships. If you are under 18 years of age at the start date of your apprenticeship or traineeship, your parent or guardian must sign the training contract.
Education: Levels of education that should be attained prior to entry into the traineeship may be recommended but these are not mandatory unless the levels are set in legislation. If you want to know more please telephone Apprenticeships Info on 1800 210 210. All TAFE apprentices will complete a literacy and numeracy assessment as part of their TAFE training.
Please be aware that you will also be required to supply the following items at your cost:
- Protective clothing
- Broad brimmed hat for all outdoor activities
- Steel capped safety boots are required while engaged in work activities and while students are in designated areas of TAFE
- Long sleeved shirts are highly recommended *Singlet tops are not allowed.
- Clear safety glasses to AS1337
- All persons having long hair will wear hair protection when working with or around moving machinery or whilst in designated areas of operation
Please note, the timetable for future semesters may differ to the current schedule. If you need help or can't find what you're looking for, give us a call on 1300 656 959.